The slab is down at the QEO.

WORK on a major component of developments at Bendigo’s Queen Elizabeth Oval began this week but the Bendigo Football Netball League remains confident spectators will not be disrupted during the remainder of the finals series.

The concrete slab for the new kiosk and toilet at the corner of View Street and Gaol Road was poured this week and a new landscaped area behind the city end goals was unveiled last week.

Turf will be laid over the newly landscaped area, behind the bleacher-style seating. Similar seating with shelter has also been added at the Barnard Street end of the ground.

It is part of a $1.5 million project to redevelop the south-west corner of the ground.

BFNL manager Cameron Tomlins said the league was confident that disruptions to spectators will be minimised.

However, entry points to the ground will be one of the necessary changes.

“The number of spectator entry gates to the BFNL finals will remain the same as in previous years,” he said.

“For the first three weeks there will be entry gates located in Barnard Street and in the Gaol Road carpark, located next to the QEO cottage.

“For the grand final (September 22) there will be three entry gates into the ground located in Barnard Street, the Gaol Road carpark’s main double gate and the View Street heritage gate.

“Full access to the kiosk and toilets located next to the heritage gates will be available throughout the finals, as will access to the usual food trucks, coffee carts and drinks outlets.”

Work is expected to be completed by January 2019.