THE historic Ravenswood Run, credited as being the birthplace of Bendigo, has new owners.
Woodend-based agents Jellis Craig recently sold the property.
Built in 1857, Ravenswood Run was the main building on a sheep station before gold was discovered in the area.
The property, currently situated on 14.2 hectares, was designed by renowned architect William Vahland and constructed by Joseph Fenton.
The main residence is of historic, architectural significance, with fine brick facework and detailing, arched porch and arcaded balustrade and concave verandah just some of the home’s fine features.
It was sold by Jellis Craig Central Highlands agents Terry Gibson and Tom May for an undisclosed price.
They say the new custodians of Ravenswood Run are a Melbourne based family that intend to make the property their permanent home.