Cinema lovers back Star funding plan

Bendigo Weekly | Bendigo Weekly | 11-Jan-2018

«
Martin Myles is pleased with the response to the campaign. Photo: ANDREW PERRYMAN
»

Greater Bendigo has thrown its support behind the Star Cinema’s Bums on Seats campaign.

“Since the campaign was launched on December 1, we have been overwhelmed by the support from the community,” business manager Martin Myles said.

“In December we sold $6000 worth of memberships and $10,000 worth of film vouchers, which is wonderful and really heartening because it demonstrates that people want to continue to come to the Star in the long term.

“In addition to these sales we’ve had a huge increase in our ticket sales with average attendances up by over 60 per cent. These are fantastic figures.”

Mr Myles said a number of people have also made generous donations.

“We look forward to announcing the final amount raised when the campaign ends on January 31,” he said.

All funds raised will go towards ensuring that the Star continues to deliver quality cinema well into the future.

Star Cinema board chair Fiona McMahon encouraged the community to plan a visit to the cinema in the final weeks of the campaign.

“Thank you to everyone who has supported the campaign so far. The best way people can continue to help out is to simply come to the Star and bring their friends with them,” she said.

A Bums on Seats food and fundraiser event will be held on Thursday, January 25 for the opening screening of The Greatest Showman. Tickets are $30 and include a meal, film and support for the Star. For more information visit www.starcinema.org.au

Comment





Captcha Image